Reaching up! ........ Reaching out!
1. A personal Testimony of your Salvation in Christ. In other words: You need to be a born again Christian, and know Jesus as your Saviour and Lord.
Your acknowledgement of and obedience to the Order and Officers of the Church; Apostles, Pastors, Elders and Deacons. In other words: Respect those in leadership. It should be easy to respect them. If not, tell them in the right attitude and in the right place.
Your presence in the Meetings of the Church and abidance in full Communion; that is, not to absent yourself more than three times from Communion without sufficient reason given for your absence. In other words: Be committed to the church; ‘lukewarm’ commitment is no good to God or the Church.
4. Your conformity with the fundamental Doctrines of the Church, as well as with the two Ordinances, namely Baptism by Immersion and the Lord’s Supper. In other words: Follow the teachings of the church
5. That you contribute towards the support of the Cause, as taught unto us in the Word of God. In other words: Be willing to play your part, be a partaker and not a spectator.
6. That you keep the counsels of the Church within the Church. In other words: Don’t blabber church business wherever you go. Gossip never did any good.
7. That you pray for and help every member, remembering that we are joint members in the Body of Christ. In other words: Live out your Christianity, practice what we preach.
8. "Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace". In other words: We don’t need people who cause division, but work for unity. Dividers cause trouble; "uniters" bring peace.